WAITING FOR GÖDEL



Perhaps beyond the fields we know
someone has a mirror, just
over the fence that circles everything.
It makes it difficult to shave,
not having a mirror, not
that we’re exactly short of
things to look at here, and were I
to chase my shadow along the length
of this great, long, seamless fence
I would come to the beginning again,
but I wouldn’t be still standing there
which isn’t any help in shaving.

Poised for a close shave between
immanence
and transcendence,
I, axiom, contain a multitude
of unknowables and undecidables
which maybe ok but that’s why
I need you, because
it’s the closest I get to knowing
my unprovable
self, the nearest
thing to validation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF MARION DU FRESNE AT THE BAY OF ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, 12 JUNE 1772, BY CHARLES MÉRYON (1846-1848)

THINKING ABOUT LUKE WILLIS THOMPSON

WHY PETER GILDERDALE CAN GET STUFFED