I TELL YOU I LOVE YOU EVERY DAY

I tell you I love you every day, every day
I have to find a new way of telling you 
I love you without telling you I love you
so to save the bubble that every day
keeps me together, suspended, every day
afraid that it will fail, afraid that you’ll
stop deceiving yourself about me, you
who offer only your friendship every day
and generously, you beat in my chest, you
balm, you that dulcify my every day
with something I can pretend that you
intend as something else not everyday
pushing me on even as I fear your
limit: I think about that every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF MARION DU FRESNE AT THE BAY OF ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, 12 JUNE 1772, BY CHARLES MÉRYON (1846-1848)

THINKING ABOUT LUKE WILLIS THOMPSON

NOT EVERYONE LOVES JOJO RABBIT: A LIST OF LINKS